I’m going to be taking an exciting class this summer at Arcadia University to help me prepare my middle grade novel manuscript for publication. So far there are only 5 students registered. If we get one more student the class will run! (I’ve given up a trip with my family to France to take this course so I’m really hoping it’s not cancelled.) Also, I really believe strongly that it’s going to help me whip my ms into shape… I have several publishers now requesting the full ms and I want it to be in it’s best form when I send it to them.
If any of you are interested in joining me for this wonderful workshop, Intermediate Children’s/Young Adult Workshop at Arcadia, please visit Arcadia’s website and register right away! Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!
- Develop Your Skills in Children’s and/or Young Adult Literature
- Participate in face-to-face workshops and seminars in poetry and fiction during the weekend on Arcadia’s campus (7/20-22).
- Improve your writing during an intensive four week workshop conducted online (7/23-8/17).
- Get specific feedback from Arcadia’s experienced faculty.
- Literary event on Friday, July 20, which will include a reading and discussion with a local author.
About This Workshop
This workshop is for students with some experience in writing for children or Young Adult audiences who want to further their writing skills and knowledge of this important publishing market. The goal is to have students get closer to the production of publishable children’s fiction, nonfiction, or poetry. In one intensive weekend, plus four weeks online, students will experience craft and creativity workshops, intensive peer review, and one-on-one conferencing with their instructor. Reflective reading and writing will aid students in developing their own style and voice. The emphasis will be on the student’s own work-in-progress, as well as on the publishing process.